Water Damage Tips That You Need To Know
When damage occurs in your house, there is hardly any time that must be wasted by you. Instead, you should be trying to make sure that you reduce the damage as much as possible and help restore your house as well. However, you must definitely make sure that you keep yourself informed about certain things that you must do in order to minimize the damage and save your house. If you learn them today, you will be able to save your house from a significant damage later on. Here are some of the tips that you must always keep in mind.
Water damage tips
- Mop the floor and blot it to whatever extent possible. However, before you even enter your house, make sure that the electrical mains have been unplugged otherwise you can receive a big shock as well.
- Remove all the lamps, furniture, tabletops, cushions and upholstery from the house and let them dry in the sun.
- Always get aluminum foils or wood blocks (even foam block will do) to separate the legs of the furniture from the wet carpet of flooring. If possible, alleviate the furniture so that it is saved from the damage.
- After the home has been drained off all the standing water, you can think about re-plugging the electrical supplies. Turn on an AC or a big fan so that the room can dry up as soon as possible. You can even use dehumidifiers in the room. Don’t touch any plugs just yet. You can still get a shock if the walls are wet.
- Open all the cabinet drawers as well as the doors of other furniture items of your house so that you can easily let them dry with ease. Some drawers may be stuck. Don’t force them right away. Let them dry slowly and then you can move ahead with the replacement of the drawers.
- Remove all the valuables from the house as soon as possible.
- If you find that there are rooms that have a saggy or completely drained ceiling, then you must definitely make sure that you don’t enter that room. Call a professional for help in this case.
- If there are any suitcase or other items of luggage, open them all and let them dry in the sunlight. It will help them in drying faster and you will be able to get them inside the home soon.
- Make sure that you disinfect everything before using them.
- If you have any books that are water-logged see this video: