Safe Handling of Flooded Carpeting
If your home has been flooded and your home is carpeted then it is likely that your carpets will also be flooded with water and in this way your carpets can also be ruined.
The best solution is to call a certified restoration company like the CS Water Pros to help fix the damage.
However, you need not to worry as with the help of these simple and easy tips, you can easily employ a DIY method of flooded carpet cleanup process:
Cleaning: In the first flooded carpet cleanup process the first method would be to clean the flooded carpet yourself. In this process, you can use a carpet cleaning solution that is anti-microbial, and one which will be able to offer you with odor protection. It may be that your carpet may require several cleanings before you can safely walk on it barefoot. You will also have to ensure that if your carpet is older and also that it has been submerged in water for more than 24 hours then the best alternative would be to replace it rather than trying to save it.
Drying process: You should place circulating fans in your home as these fans will allow for rapid drying. When your carpet is drying you should clean the carpet with the help of an expert firm carpet steam cleaner which will help in getting rid of any sort of microbes in the carpet from floodwater. You should also take note of the fact that only your carpet can be dried and cleaned dried, but if the carpet’s padding is wet or soaked then it has to be replaced. The reason for this is that it is not possible to salvage the padding of your carpet after it becomes wet. It becomes an excellent idea to remove the carpet to clean it.
In the flooded carpet cleanup process it also entails to getting the carpet dry as fast as possible. You can do this yourself by making use of a specialized wet/dry vacuum cleaner. You can also make use of dehumidifiers or fans to keep the air circulating and reduce the chance of mould growing. When your carpet becomes completely dry, spray baking soda on the surface and vacuum your flooded carpet again to reduce odor. When you have unrolled the carpet splash both sides of the carpet with a garden hose, and then sprinkle it with a pine based cleaning solution or ammonia and let it seep for some time. Your next process would be to spray the carpet with a water hose again on both the sides until all of the suds disappear. By laying your carpet in the sun becomes the quickest way to dry the carpet. When your carpet is completely dry, it can then be returned indoors.
So, with the help of these simple tips, you can easily save your flood damaged carpet from being completely ruined.
Effective selection of the most appropriate company of fire damage restoration
If you want to have high-quality services of fire damage restoration, then you must look for a specialist company. It is highly daunting and challenging to find out the best one but proper market survey will surely help you to find out the most appropriate one. In this case, you can also follow different online reviews or expert advices.
How to find out the best restoration company of fire damages?
- If you want to find out the best company dealing with fire damage restoration, then in that case you need to prepare a long list of companies from the concerned field and then on the basis of comparing the features, you can choose the perfect one amongst them.
- In this case, online research is required otherwise you can also rely on local references. You can also directly get within the official link of the company and can make check out the details out there so that you can have a fair idea about the company.
- The company must have proper reputation and that can be easily known either from the online based reviews or from the customer testimonials online.
- The experience and the range of services including the past performances are also quite important in this regard and thus you need to consider the same. If the company is dealing with different services of fire remediation since a long time, then you can easily rely on the same and can hire it.
- You also need to check out the package features so that you can choose the best services as per your requirement and affordability. In this case, you can also choose limited services ion order to save your cost.
- The qualities and specialties of the professionals of the company need to be judged so that only guaranteed and high-quality restoration services can be gained from them.
- The company must cater flexible services and must cater to the emergency call of the clients. On the other hand, the customers always expect only personalized services from the company.
- The company must maintain a very good relationship with the customers so that they can be retained with higher satisfaction. In this way, the cliental base of the company can be increased to a great extent.
- The company must have proper customer-care service so that the customer queries and grievances can be attended and solved accordingly.
See this video for the prepping process for the start of the restoration process:
Water Damage Tips That You Need To Know
When damage occurs in your house, there is hardly any time that must be wasted by you. Instead, you should be trying to make sure that you reduce the damage as much as possible and help restore your house as well. However, you must definitely make sure that you keep yourself informed about certain things that you must do in order to minimize the damage and save your house. If you learn them today, you will be able to save your house from a significant damage later on. Here are some of the tips that you must always keep in mind.
Water damage tips
- Mop the floor and blot it to whatever extent possible. However, before you even enter your house, make sure that the electrical mains have been unplugged otherwise you can receive a big shock as well.
- Remove all the lamps, furniture, tabletops, cushions and upholstery from the house and let them dry in the sun.
- Always get aluminum foils or wood blocks (even foam block will do) to separate the legs of the furniture from the wet carpet of flooring. If possible, alleviate the furniture so that it is saved from the damage.
- After the home has been drained off all the standing water, you can think about re-plugging the electrical supplies. Turn on an AC or a big fan so that the room can dry up as soon as possible. You can even use dehumidifiers in the room. Don’t touch any plugs just yet. You can still get a shock if the walls are wet.
- Open all the cabinet drawers as well as the doors of other furniture items of your house so that you can easily let them dry with ease. Some drawers may be stuck. Don’t force them right away. Let them dry slowly and then you can move ahead with the replacement of the drawers.
- Remove all the valuables from the house as soon as possible.
- If you find that there are rooms that have a saggy or completely drained ceiling, then you must definitely make sure that you don’t enter that room. Call a professional for help in this case.
- If there are any suitcase or other items of luggage, open them all and let them dry in the sunlight. It will help them in drying faster and you will be able to get them inside the home soon.
- Make sure that you disinfect everything before using them.
- If you have any books that are water-logged see this video: